Registered Massage Therapy is a hands-on manipulation of the soft tissues of the body including muscles, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments and joints. It is also an alternative health option to help alleviate the soft tissue discomfort associated with everyday and occupational stresses, muscular overuse and many chronic pain syndromes. It can also greatly reduce the development of painful muscular patterning, if employed early enough after accidents involving trauma and injury.
Massage can increase the fresh oxygenated blood supply to the muscles and organs, and aid the drainage of venous blood, promoting the removal of waste products from the body. Massage therapy increases the flow of lymphatic material and white blood cell production thereby boosting one’s natural immunity. Massage influences the equilibrium in the nervous system.
Massage Therapists often operate in conjunction with Chiropractors and Naturopathic Doctors to achieve maximum benefits for the patient.
Benefits Of Massage:
- Enhancing general relaxation
- Reducing muscular tension and associated discomfort
- Reducing anxiety
- Improving sleep
- Increasing feelings of well-being
- Enhancing tissue elasticity and flexibility
- Increasing range of motion in joints
- Relaxing tight muscles
- Relieving muscle aches and stiffness
- Speeding recovery from exercise
- Promoting well nourished – healthy skin
- Improving circulation of blood + lymph
- Improving immune system functioning
- Improving energy flow