Movember has arrived again and we are participating! Donations can either be made online (mobro.co/VermanderDC) or at the donation box in the clinic.
Did you know that on average, men die at a significantly younger age than women – the average life expectancy for Canadian men is four years less than women (presently 78 compared to 82), however there is no biological reason for this. The reasons for the poor state of men’s health in Canada and around the world are numerous and complex.
From Movember’s perspective the reasons for the poor state of men’s health include:
• lack of awareness and understanding of the health issues men face
• men not openly discussing their health and how they’re feeling
• reluctance to take action when men don’t feel physical or mentally well
• men engaging in risky activities that threaten their health
• stigmas surrounding mental health
Read more about how Movember aims to change the face of men’s health HERE!
Stay up to date our staff’s progress with Movember on our Facebook Page.
In order to support Men’s Health our featured products of the month do just that! For the month of November 2013 save 10% on the following products in our Back to Wellness Store:
- Men’s One a Day Multi Vitamin – Designed to provide men with superior nutritional support from a unique combination of essential nutrients and whole foods, in a convenient one per day formula. Read more…
- Men’s One a Day Antioxidants – Designed to provide men with superior nutritional support from a unique combination of essential nutrients and whole foods, in a convenient one per day formula. Read more…
- Santevia ENERGY Flask – Proper hydration is the key to maintaining energy throughout the day. This unique Alkaline Energy Water Bottle contains two mineral baskets filled with all natural compounds. Available in two special colours!
For the month of November, a portion of all proceeds from our Product of the Month Sales will be donated to our MOVEMBER Campaign.