Naturopathic Medicine is best described as an umbrella term that encompasses effective natural treatments. The best combination of therapies is picked and a treatment plan is customized according to your main health concerns.
Treatment programs typically last six months. It consists of an in-depth history intake, lab test screening, diet counseling, natural medicines, and follow up visits to monitor your progress.
These treatments include:
Some commonly treated conditions include: arthritic conditions, depression & anxiety, digestive ailments, food & environmental allergies, heart disease, menopause, peri-menopause, PMS, seasonal allergies, and weight concerns. Dr. Kassam is your primary health care practitioner and does also see acute conditions such as colds, flu, and injuries (not needing emergency care).
- focus and treat the cause of the condition
- use only natural forms of treatment
- recognize the connection between the mind & body
- role of the doctor is a teacher
- treatment enhances the body’s own ability to heal itself
* Lab screening tests include: digestive function; mineral & vitamin levels, adrenal (stress) hormone function; female & male hormonal levels; and standard Lifelabs testing – as and when indicated.